Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Weather has changed

Well, last week we had above normal temperatures, yesterday we had below average temps. The high in Mesa was 59. Can you imagine how cold that feels? Just to give you an idea, I was in the shade next to the pool using my laptop and my fingers were just freezing! And I was wearing a sweatshirt besides. It was sunny out, but I can't see the screen when I sit in the sun. Oh the suffering I endure to stay connected! It was so cold yesterday morning I couldn't see the faces of the people in the heated swimming pools through the steam that was rolling off of the water.

This morning was also very cold. Paul hooked up a small propane tank yesterday to use what was left in it up. It ran out about 4:30 this morning, these RV's cool off very quickly when there isn't any heat. Luckily for us, this was the last cold night, and today will be in the 60's, then the 7 day forecast has 70's for the duration. Sunny everyday, no rain in site.

Today is laundry day for me. Then more sitting in the sun reading the next book I started. This one is on John Adams. With my less than stellar recollection of history, it should be a new exciting story for me. The Lewis and Clark book had a surprise ending, so I'm looking forward to this one. Ya, this Adams guy has something to do with the Revolutionary War and the start of the United States. Haven't gotten to far into the book yet, so that's all I can tell you :-)

3 comments:

  1. Doing the laundry before the wife arrives...glad to hear the weather will be nice for Diane's arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...i can't get packed fast enough! you can sit in the shade... i will be in the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, I got the laundry done, but I'm missing a sock. I looked all over the laundromat and couldn't come up with it. Dang.

    ReplyDelete