Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Invasion is On.

Didn’t get much sleep last night. Around 1 am I thought for sure the Aliens were staging an all out invasion on earth. My imagination was picturing the mother ship descending a couple miles to the west and the exhaust flooding the campsite with unbelievable winds. I figured it was a very large ship, or the pilot wasn’t that good at landing, because the blast of wind was lasting for more than a few minutes. Anything that could flap was flapping, everything that could howl, rattle, shake, was howling, rattling and shaking. I’ve never experienced anything like it. That’s why I was sure the invasion was on. I thought the dishes were going to rattle out of the cupboard and onto my head. Gusts of wind that went from calm and totally quiet to an ear shattering howl and vibration within seconds shook the RV. Once this kept up for over 3 hours I finally realized it couldn’t be an invasion. Aliens wouldn’t spend that much time landing the saucer, must just be an incredibly strong wind. Of course with all the racket, I still couldn’t get any sleep.

1 comment:

  1. John, you need to journal your whole life...this is way funny. I love it. I can hardly read it without wiping my eyes and nose with a tissue. You are making me cry!!

    ReplyDelete