Thursday, January 15, 2009

Destination Reached

We pulled into the RV park around 11:00 am today. This is a retirement community where you have to be at least 55 to stay here. It has half a dozen swimming pools, whirlpools, library, computer lab (which is where I am now), tennis courts, and anything else you could imagine. Paul parked the RV in it's assigned spot, hooked up the water and sewer, then found out there was a block party going on at 11:30. Bring a bowl and spoon, something to drink and head down the block. Four different kinds of soup with desserts, garlic bread, and one of my favorites, deviled eggs. I'm the kid that Paul and Shirley brought along, definitely the youngest person here out of 20-30 people. After the meal, the games come out, today it was bean bags. But Paul and Shirley had to leave early to make it to their bocci ball game at 2. I headed back to the RV, sat in the shade with a beer and a book enjoying the weather. The biggest decision was when I should move from the shade to the sun as it cooled off. I was going to take some pictures, but it seemed to hot in the sun. I'll have to get to that tomorrow, the weather was just to warm to do anything but relax.

Weather today: clear skies, calm winds, high of 78 degrees. I'll take pictures tomorrow, it will only be 77, I don't want to work up a sweat.

Computer lab is closing soon, I'll post more tomorrow, maybe even a photo or two.

2 comments:

  1. Life is rough on the road! Not sure if you can handle all the nice weather you are having. There is going to be a heat wave today! Not sure if I should put the long-underwear back on or risk having frost bitten buns buns...again! Unable to drink beer outside...it does not come out of the can to well when it's frozen!

    It sure is nice to know that there is warm weather some where!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how rough it's been up there, that's why each day I have a drink for each and every one of you.

    ReplyDelete