Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Mexico--How sweet it is.-January 6, 2009

Alleluia, I still have the technical skills! My watch is now set to Mountain Time AND I figured out how to shut the 6 am alarm I had set the first morning. Life is good.

Short travel day today. We finished the drive from Santa Rosa down Highway 54 to the Oliver Lee State Park campsite. The first 50 miles we were pounded by crosswinds, but we fought our way down to a lower altitude where the wind calmed down. Tumbleweeds 3 and 4 bit the dust today in my continuous crusade to lower the number of these culprits tumbling through our country. Number 3 was undersized, and probably under the legal limit, but Tumbler number 4 was a beauty! Took him square on and sent sticks and seeds flying every which way. I was picking tumbleweed fragments from under the RV and car for the next two gas stops. What a Sport!

We are at a beautiful campsite just southwest of Alamogordo NM. Tomorrow we go to White Sands National Monument and a few other spots. We will be here two nights, and then head toward Tucson AZ.

Looking forward to spending a couple nights in New Mexico. Roswell is close by so I step out of the RV every once in awhile to scan the sky for Alien space ships. It’s windy tonight, and I don’t know think those saucer shaped spaceships handle the winds very well. So I’m not real optimistic I’m going to see them tonight. Maybe it will be better tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. Okay the tumble weed sport cracked me up...I totally get the sport! Have you witnessed how they line up by fences just waiting to jump out into your path on the road?!

    ReplyDelete