Saturday, January 31, 2009

Things change for me now, spouse shares the sun.

Picked Diane up at the airport this morning. I think she's happy to be here. At least that was my impression when we saw her jumping up and down on the sidewalk when we picked her up. She didn't have to go to the bathroom, so I think I interpreted that correctly. That and the huge grin on her face all the way from the airport, telling us how awful it is at home reinforced my initial interpretation. She will stay happy now, I shaved, showered, and made an emergency run on bicycle to the grocery store this morning to get celery for the Bloody Mary's. Am I the perfect husband, or what? She's been here two hours, and she is already in the pool with some hooch stuffed in her towel bag. Life is good.

I quit telling you about the weather, because it really doesn't change. Although the weatherman went out on a limb and said it might approach 80 by Wednesday. Otherwise they just change the forecast to be a high of 72 followed by a high of 73, followed by a high of 72. What a cushy job, I might like being a weatherman down here. I could phone in my prediction from anywhere in the world once a week, and still be right 80% of the time.

The aged type A competitive athletes in the big pool are pounding the volleyball again today. Extra rowdy, they must of had some Red Bull mixed with their prune juice this morning. I think the name they've given the drink is 'Black Bull Running'. (alright, I made that up)

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Diane...I love your drink at the pool. No one will ever know. A great husband would make his wife a great sandwich!! HA! HA! Celery salt will work too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHH the perfect sandwich....doubt whether I'm qualified for that. Perfect sandwiches are hard to come by.

    ReplyDelete