Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Very Large Sandbox

Got up around 8 this morning more tired than I went to bed. Man, it's tough figuring out how your going to fight off an alien invasion in the middle of the night.

White Sands Monument was just awesome! I'd upload some pictures, but the Pringle can transmitter unit I'm getting Internet access through isn't strong enough to upload much. The bottom of the can keeps heating up and melting the connection at the bottom. The missle telemetry satillite I'm bouncing the signal off is small, plus the military keeps using bandwidth to track missles across the White Sands missle range. I will upload some more photos when I get better access, or I convert over to a sturdier coffee can.

You know those photos going around the Internet showing the incredible drifts of snow over the road? You know, the 30 or 40 ft. banks of drifted snow? Ya, I see where those photos could of been taken, sorry, it isn't snow.

We are staying at the State Park campsite one more night, then moving into AZ. I sure hope the wind doesn't pick up again. I could really use some sleep. Don't know when I have access again, so keep checking, I've got some great photos to show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment