Monday, January 18, 2010

How Time Flies

Can't believe it's been since Wednesday since I posted. Well, yes I can, Diane, my wife, flew down on Thursday and we rented a car and headed further south to Tucson and Bisbee. Diane booked us in a very old small motel on the outskirts of Bisbee Friday night, and of course, there wasn't any Internet access. Bisbee is about 100 miles south southeast of Tucson, getting close to the Mexican border. When I say small, I'm not exaggerating like I normally do. The motel is built about 12 inches from the road, is one story and has 7 units to rent. How did she ever find this place and what was the attraction? Two criteria, one it was cheaper than the old hotels downtown Bisbee; that makes me happy. Two, it was the linens that excited Diane. The room was tiny, but the linens and spread were top notch. I have to admit, those sheets were silky smooth, way better than these dry scaly feet deserve. For breakfast you received a coupon for free coffee and a muffin a block down the hill at a cafe and market. We upgraded it to spinach quiche for a couple bucks and had a nice meal before heading down the hill to the downtown area. I was too lazy to take pictures, so here's the motel's web site for anyone interested:
http://www.thejonquil.com/

One of the more interesting sites was the statue across from our breakfast location. Now again, didn't have my camera with me, but I did find another blog that had a picture of it. Take a look:
http://www.brightwingrv.com/blogger/uploaded_images/Copper%20Man.jpg-742625.JPG
Now they refer to this statue as the Stalinist virile miner statue, and several other descriptions of this somewhat strange looking thing. The politically incorrect description would be 'The result of hiring a frustrated horny gay male artist to create a statue for the town."

Since I don't want to be accused of just stealing some one's photo, here is the rest of the blog entry where I found the picture. It has other photos and a nice description of Bisbee.
http://www.brightwingrv.com/blogger/2006/04/bisbee-arizona.html

No comments:

Post a Comment