Thursday, April 9, 2009

As the Wind Blows

Wednesday was a cool 79 degrees and in the afternoon quite windy. If you didn't get your newspaper read before noon you would of had to move inside. This wind wasn't the New Mexico wind at Alamogardo encountered on the drive here in January, but strong enough to blow your paper plates off the patio table. The Weather Service forecasts days like this on their Internet site as 'Blowing Dust'. I think that is a little understated. They shut Interstate 40 in the northern part of the state down because of the winds and blowing dirt. I was taught a different term which I think is more descriptive of the situation. It's called a Sand Storm.

Now today the winds are calm and it's going to be a nice one. It's after 9 this morning and most of the people in the park have their cars dusted off from the wind and are ready for another day of goofing off. We're headed to the Modern Art Museum in Mesa today to acquire a little culture. My skin is quite repellent to that sort of thing, but just maybe I can absorb a little bit. Shirley went to the Library yesterday and grabbed some free passes for the Museum. She was going for the free Zoo passes, but the kids in line in front of her grabbed all those before she got to the front of the line. I think if it wasn't Spring break for the schools she could of scored the Zoo passes. The art museum might be more interesting. I've seen monkeys and lions before and I'm certain I haven't seen anything that is on display in the art museum.

2 comments:

  1. you are so lucky......have i said that yet??!!

    Shirley gets an A+ for bringing some culture into you life. Did you tell her you brought some nice pants so you can get a little dressed up??........opps she knows know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear, your getting a little sassy. Reaching over such a great distance to exert control over your hubby. Yes, I realize I'm lucky, but I'm doing it for you so when you retire I can teach you how to goof off like a pro :-)

    ReplyDelete