Friday, February 13, 2009

Too Harsh, Out of Retirement? and saved from kidnapping

Ok, maybe I was a little harsh in my thought of being duped. I'm looking around the street, because that's what retired guys do, and I see signs that indicate it might not of been that nice while I was gone. In several people's yards I see Christmas decorations that must have been recently uncovered by the snow. There are extension cords running across the yards, and Christmas lights abandoned on the gutters. Obviously if it was nice out while I was gone this stuff would of been cleaned up by now. I also noticed the neighbor has two satellite dishes on his roof. It must of been bad if one dish wasn't enough to make it through the winter.

Hey, my working career might not be over yet. Watched the national news the other night and found out this old retired dog won Best in Show. He was retired once, but came out of retirement for this show. In people years, this old guy would be 70! What an inspiration, my best work might still be yet to come. Only problem is I don't have his good looks to work with. He's got a really long ugly name, but he's known by his friends as "Stump".

The news also informed me that Phoenix is the kidnapping capital of the country. I guess the drug war violence is spilling across the border and kidnappings in the Phoenix area are increasing at an alarming rate. The thought of me being kidnapped and no one putting anything up to have me released makes me glad I'm out of there. It was bad enough worrying about alien abduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment