Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I've Been Duped and Reality Sucks

I've been duped by family and friends in Wisconsin. The flight home went well. Fairly uneventful except for the fact it was warmer in Milwaukee than it was in Phoenix. Here I've been feeling sorry for the people left in the Wisconsin cold and snow and I find out yesterday that you have it better than I did. Diane filling me with 'oh I had to shovel and snow blow while you were gone' only to come home to a lot less snow than when I left. Heck, it hasn't even been below freezing since I've been back. Well, I'm going back to feeling sorry for myself instead of the rest of you. Didn't think Wisconsinites were that mean.

Well, I'm home. It's great to be back except for the fact there is a pile of mail I need to go through, and I better start pulling the stuff together to do our Income taxes. First day back has been tough for a couple of reasons. One, I don't have the sympathetic audience of old people to exchange trivial gripes about the long lines at customs to get back in the country from Mexico, the cost increase in the RV parks, and whether the hot tub should have the jets running or not. My wife Diane doesn't seem to by very supportive when I talk to her at work and tell her I'm so busy I might not get through the mail, and I didn't check my email until this afternoon. I've figured out that going to work makes people crabby. Second, I usually have a beer by mid afternoon to make sure I stay hydrated from the desert. Well, I don't have that excuse here. So to try and transition, I found a cooler in the refrigerator called Bahama Mama that reminds me of warmer places. Oh, I have so much to get done, there isn't much time left in the day, so I better get back at that mail.

But before I go, here's a few things I need to tell you about in future postings that I haven't covered yet. I put them here to remind me later, otherwise as time goes on I'll forget and deprive you of this useless information.

Mission Church in Tucson
Waiting at the Barbershop
Packer Sweatshirts
Fellow Wisconsinites in Tucson hotel bar
Spuds and splits
Friday fish at the VFW
Business opportunity, or maybe not

There's more, but the thoughts are already slipping away with all these pressures of day to day life :-) So stick around. And by the way, my return flight to Phoenix is in April so I can travel back with Paul and Shirley and enrich my life experience. It was cheaper to book a round trip ticket from Phoenix than it would of been for a one way ticket back home, so why not?

2 comments:

  1. This is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. Why weren't you this funny at work. Leave it to you to find reasons to complain even after you retired. You could always come back and hang out with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it. Not funny at work? Come on, I was in plenty of meetings making suggestions that were greeted with laughter from everyone there. Took me awhile to figure out who would use 'Robust' for a handle. There is a very small number of people that would know the significance of that word with me. So I'm fairly confident I know the true identity of 'Robust'.

    ReplyDelete